Saturday, May 1, 2010

5 weeks to go...

I can't believe Blake will be here in just 5 weeks! If the next 5 weeks go by as fast as the last 35 then I will practically blink and he will be here! I can't wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his little cheeks!

I realize I haven't written much about being pregnant so here are a few things...
  • Finding out the sex... I will have to admit I was a bit shocked when we found out we were having a boy. With both Russell and I coming from families with mostly girls I just thought we would have a girl. In fact I have always pictured myself with all girls, but have always wanted a boy. We are very excited to add another boy to the family! It will especially be fun that Blake and Tristan will be so close in age! 
  • Naming him... Boy names were hard. We had a girl name pretty much picked out before the ultrasound but not a really a boy name. One weekend we were visiting in Medford, talking with my parents about boy names. My dad said "what about Blake? Blake Bartlett has kind of a nice ring to it." And we both thought yeah it we like that. But I wasn't ready to "commit" to a name quite yet so we thought about it for awhile and looked at other names but always came back to Blake. After many conversations about names, we made the final decision that his hame would be Blake Russell. We learned that Russell is a family name on Russell's mom's side and goes back 5 or so generations and we want to carry on the family name. So that is how Baby Boy Bartlett became Blake Russell Bartlett!
  • Things I have not enjoyed about being pregnant... For the most part I have enjoyed being pregnant and thankfully it has been a pretty easy pregnancy. But I have not enjoyed the random heartburn/acid reflux that just comes and goes as it pleases, with no rhyme or reason. Or how I can't wear my wedding ring anymore, or how I feel tired a lot (which I think is going to get worse before it gets better) or how I feel like I need a forklift to get off the couch (hahaha). 
  • Things I love about being pregnant... I love looking down at my stomach and seeing him move (so amazing!), I love feeling him move (also amazing!), I love it when Russ gets to feel him move, I love having a reason to buy cute baby clothes, I love hearing his heartbeat, I love having a reason to take a nap, I love the fact that in 3 weeks I get to do what I have always wanted to do... be a stay at home mom! I have loved seeing my belly grow (but not so sure  how it can get any bigger in the next 5 weeks). I love going into his room an imagining what its going to be like in 5 weeks when we bring him home, I know our lives will be changed forever... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...