Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grandma Wright

On Tuesday May 11th 2010 Russell's Grandma, Marilyn Sue Wright, with her loving husband and daughters by her side went home to be with Jesus. Marilyn was only 68 years old and had been fighting Liver Disease since last July.

This past weekend Russell and I went to Medford for her Memorial Service. It was amazing to me to see how many lives Marilyn had touched as there were 250-300 people at her service. I would say she loved people the way Jesus wants us to love people. There were even two bank tellers that had heard about her passing and she had touch their life in such away that they felt compelled to come to her service.

A memory I will always have of her was when Russell and I first started dating, my family went to the church (Rogue Valley Fellowship) where her husband (Russell's Grandpa Todd) was a pastor. Every Sunday that I was there with my parents during the "meet and greet" time she would always find me and give me a big hug. There was never a Sunday that she wouldn't come find me. She made me feel like a part of her family before I really became a part of the family. We were all hoping and praying that she would make it to meet her first great-grand-baby but the Lord had a different plan and with tears in my eyes, I am okay with that because I know that she is walking and talking with Jesus and is no long in pain. The last major outing she had was to my baby shower. I am so thankful of the memory I have of her being there.
Marilyn was a woman of God, and loved Jesus with all her heart. She was and still is an inspiration to me. I will remember her as always having a smile on her face. I will cherish the memories of the time we spent together. She was a grandma to me and I look forward to the day when I will see her again, in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Sara. She sounds like a wonderful woman and I'm sure it helps a ton to know that she is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...