Monday, February 28, 2011

New Name, Fresher Look

Hey there! So I have changed things up a bit! I felt like it was time for an update.

The new name: Life on Oak St.
When I started this blog I didn't really spend time thinking about a name for it.  It was just easy to use our names as the title. But over time I felt like it needed a name of it's own. I  have spent a lot of time thinking about a name. I wanted to come up with something different but also something that had meaning.  I finally came up with the name Life on Oak St. I decided on this name for a couple reasons, mainly because we live on Oak St. but also because we have lived in several places that Oak is in the name. The first apartment we lived in was named Oakvale and our second apartment was named Oakmont. Oak just seems to follow us, so I felt it was appropriate title for our blog. I am going to keep the url the same simply because it is easy to remember and tell people.

I started this blog with the intent for faraway friends and family to keep update with the happenings in our life and to be able to watch Blake grow. Just because the named changed doesn't mean what I write about will. I will continue to write about our life but hope to start adding some DIY projects and recipe posts!

I hope you enjoy reading about our little life on Oak St. as much as I enjoy writing about it!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look! That is so weird that you have lived in so many places with Oak in the name. Anyway, we were just discussing yesterday that we miss you guys and we really want to come visit when we can figure out how to have a free weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new look! And I can't believe the change in the "look" of your family from your old blog pic to now. It's so fun to watch Blake grow and hear how things are changing in your guys' lives!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...