Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

We had a nice relaxing weekend here at home. Saturday mainly consisted of yard work, and a trip to Costco. Sunday we went to the Easter service at church and then had a nice lunch/dinner, or what I like to call linner, at the Hammagren's.

Saturday was beautiful here. (FINALLY!) Blake was up way earlier then normal Saturday morning which worked out good because it made us get up and get going. We were at Home Depot by 8:30am, way before the, its-the-first-nice-Saturday-of-the-year crowd, it was great! Russ spent most of the day working out in the yard. I spent sometime time pulling weeds and Blake even got to enjoy the sunshine playing in the pack n play while Russ and I worked on the ever ending weeds. We have a lot of yard work to do, but I'm glad we have started on it now so hopefully this summer we can enjoy it.

 I worked on weeding this path. It was weed free by Sunday evening. (And man was I sore, I didn't know how much of a workout weeding can be, or I'm just in really bad shape haha. Maybe I should start weeding more...)
 Russ spent the better part of the day Saturday working on this mound (it doesn't really look like a mound in this picture but trust me it is). By Sunday it was mostly weed free! We are thinking of planting a couple arborvitae trees along the fence to create some privacy and also maybe a nice ground cover. 
Blake did really well hanging out in the pack n play. I can't wait till he can walk so then he can run around the back yard!

Sunday morning Blake had fun checking out his Easter bucket (although I think mommy might have had more fun buying things for it :).... 
He even crawled to it on his hands and knees! 
(he still prefers the army crawl, so this was pretty exciting)



I think he would have been happy with just a bucket full of "grass"
After church we headed to the Hammagren's for a nice Easter lunch with lots of yummy food :)

 We tried to get a picture of Blake and Luke together since they looked so cute in their Easter clothes but all Blake wanted to do was grab Luke's face... 
Then we thought maybe if we held them we could get a good one... 
this was the best, can you see how I'm still trying to hold Blake's hand down. 
We did mange to get a somewhat decent one of the three of us. Although Blake looks like he's being tortured. He is so hard to get him to sit still these days!

Thank you Hammagren's for hosting Easter. It was fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy worked in the yard for most of Saturday, too. I had to clean the house which was a bummer, I would have rather been outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun :-) I can't believe it is the second year we have done it. Those pictures are cute... :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...