Saturday, March 20, 2010

I dislike picking out paint colors.

Don and Pam (Russell's parents) arrived today. They came up for spring break, Don is going to help Russ put up a short fence in the front yard and do some yard work for us and Pam is going to help paint Blake's room. Here are some pictures from day #1.

The first project of the day: Paint Colors.
I have learned that either I do not have an eye for color or orange is a really hard color to pick out! For Blake's room we are going to put up a chair rail and on the bottom half I really wanted to paint orange and the top either white or a light blue. Little did I know 3 samples of orange later and we still wouldn't have a color I was happy with :( (we were also contemplating stripes but we have decided against that)
So after many trips to the paint store, we decided to go with brown for the bottom and light blue for the top. We are going to use the brown on the right side. I really wanted to stay away from brown and blue because it seems as if that is what everyone is doing these days for a baby boys room but I think after it is all done it will look really nice. Oh well, maybe someday I will be brave enough to paint a play room orange. Or Russ says he now has a lot of orange paint to use in a tree house someday.
Second project of the day: The Crib!
We got the crib today! I couldn't be happier with it! I LOVE it! And since it is white I think it will look really good against the brown wall!
Russ and Don putting the crib together, Raven thinks she is helping too.
And it's finished!
Third project of the day.... Fence.
We are going to add a little 3ft fence around the front yard to give us some more privacy. Russ and Don did a little measuring and then off to Home Depot to get wood!
2.5 hours and a few hundred dollars later and we have a fence in the making! Let the work begin!
All loaded up!
Will post more pictures as we get things done! Praying the rain holds off so we can get some work on the yard done and the fence started tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. We did blue and brown for our baby room, with white furniture, but we didn't know boy or girl! Turned out ok!!

    It will be fun for you to do orange when Blake is ready for a big boy room. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...