Friday, June 14, 2013

2340 Oak Street


Tonight is our last night here at 2340 Oak Street.
We will load a moving truck in the morning and move a few miles north to our new home! As much as I have wanted to move, (and am so excited for the new house) I know, I will miss this little house. This house was the 5th place we've lived in our almost 7 years of marriage and will definitely be the hardest to leave (we have lived in a lot of places!). I think it's hard to leave because we owned it. It was our "first house" and we put a lot of "blood sweat and tears" into it.  We brought our babies home to it. We've made this little 2 bedroom 1 bathroom place work for us. And it's been great! 


Here are some of the things I will miss and won't miss so much...
-I will miss the fact that you can stand pretty much anywhere in the house and see the whole house (that's actually a perk when you have small children;)
-I (think I) will miss the huge back yard and deck. (I won't however miss the 2+ hours it takes Russ to mow the lawn every Saturday in the summer)
-I'm sure I will miss only cleaning one bathroom, ha!
-We will miss the "loop". Blake will no longer be able to run circles around the house hahaha. 
-I've always wanted carpet in a house, but now that we are moving to a house with mostly all carpet I'm sure I will miss hardwood. 

Somethings I won't miss...
-Only having one bathroom... we are gaining 1.5 bathrooms... that's 2 whole toilets more (can you hear the excitement in my voice?!)! Like I said, not too excited to clean all those toilets but it will be so nice to have more then 1 toilet!
-Doing the laundry in the garage... I cannot wait to actually have a laundry room and to do full size loads of laundry!! (our washer drained into a basin sink and could only hold so much water)
-One car garage... it'll be great to be able to get both cars in the garage!
-The neighborhood... this could be a whole post on it's own... but just to give you an idea.. Within the first few months of living here, someone late at night knock on the door asked if we had "a smoke" he could have... Um no. This should have been our first clue, ha! We have had things stollen of the car twice. The whole neighborhood was tagged, including our car (thankfully it washed off). We've witnessed police pulling a guy over with guns drawn yelling for the man to get out of his car with his hands up, which then ended in the man being arrested (this took place literally in our front yard). And Russ has had to call the police on a domestic dispute. It's been quite an experience living here. We like to refer to it as "The Hood".  I can not wait to be in a better more family friendly neighborhood and actually getting to know our neighbors!

We will miss this little house, it's been great and we've made many great memories here. But we are so excited to be moving and feel beyond blessed to be moving into a brand new house! 

2 comments:

  1. SO exciting! I hope you guys were able to get a little settled over the weekend, though I know it's a ton of work, especially with kids. Can't wait to see the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I hope you guys are enjoying the move and that things aren't too stressful. We will have to come see the place this summer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...