Friday, September 21, 2012

41 weeks.

Yes, you read that title right. I am 41 weeks pregnant today. I really didn't think I would make it this far, but apparently Lily is in no rush to join us on the outside world. 
I went to the doctor this morning and they monitored her heart rate and checked the amniotic fluid and everything looks great. I was however, all prepared to be admitted to hospital and have a baby today, but since everything still looks good and she's nice and happy in there we will wait another two days to see if she comes on her own. {On the bright side, I think} I am already dilated to 5cm! Which means once I do go into labor I need to pretty much head straight to the hospital so we don't have a baby in the car... not sure if this is a good or bad thing... I feel like a ticking time bomb, ha! But if she's not here by Monday morning I'll go into start the induction process.
It's interesting because I had totally prepared my self for the possibility of being late and being induced with Blake {especially because that was my mom's experience and my sister's}. But this time around I totally thought she would come early and therefore, on her own. One thing I've always told my pregnant friends is to not have certain expectations when it comes to labor and delivery and then be disappointed if it doesn't go how you wanted it to. Now I'm trying to listen to my own advice and remember that no matter how it happens {induction or not, epidural or not} I'll still be holding a precious little baby at the end of it all. 
I am a little afraid Lily will be on the bigger side {she's had an extra week to bake!}. I don't remember being quite this uncomfortable when I was pregnant with Blake. And I have awful stretch marks {way worse then with Blake} that itch like crazy all. the. time. And I literally go to the bathroom all. the. time. My mom is here and will be till Lily is born so Russ and I are taking advantage and going on a date tonight! 
It feels good to know there is a light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel... All in God's perfect timing :)

On a side note....
This huge moving truck is in front of my sisters house {as I type} loading up all there belongings and will be heading to OREGON!!!! Michelle, Carlos and the boys will fly into Portland on Wednesday for good! 

1 comment:

  1. Sara you will be having a baby either today or tomorrow! Yay! Doesn't it feel so nice that she can't stay in there forever? I totally thought my stubborn boys would! I will be praying for you and I can't wait to hear that she is here! Also, so exciting about Michelle and Carlos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...