Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend started off great! But ended not so great...
Saturday we woke up and hung around the house anticipating the arrival of Nana and Papa (Russell's parents) and Aunt KK (Russell's sister). We had given Russell's Dad tickets for the OSU vs Standford basketball game and it was this weekend. 
We hung out here in the afternoon for Blake to nap and then headed into Corvallis to eat dinner our favorite pizza place {shocking surprise, I know}. After dinner we said good-bye to Kacie and Danny and headed to drop Blake off at the Hammagren's. With the game not starting till B's bedtime I figured it would be best to not take him with us.
View from our seats: 
Yes, we were pretty much as high as you could get. Only one row behind us. 
{that would be the cement wall of the top of Gill behind us. We moved to the very top after half time to lean against the wall and cool off a bit because it was so warm in there and the wall being cement was nice and cool}
The game went in to QUADRUPLE, 4 overtimes, that's an extra 20 min of playing time!!! It was insane. We lead most of it and should have won, had many, too many chances to win but lost by 2 points. It was the longest game played in the history of OSU basketball! It felt more like the length of a football game then basketball. It didn't end till after 10pm. Thankfully B was not with us, he was sound asleep at the Hammagrens.By the time we picked him up and got home it was after 11pm. That's one late night out for us! 
Sunday morning we were planning on going to church. But B wasn't acting quite himself. I took his temp and he had a fever of 101. 
Church was a no go for us. 
So we had a relaxing morning at home with wagon rides and some cartoons. B went down for an early-ish nap and I broke out the new sewing machine while everyone else went to Home Depot {I don't think Don and Pam can come here without a trip to Home Depot}
{I only had time to figure out how to thread it and sew two lines, but I love it! It's quite the step up from the 60 year old Singer I was using.}
B had a mild fever all day Sunday. Sunday night we put him to bed and an hour later he was still awake. I went in to get him and when I picked him up I could tell right away why he hadn't fallen asleep... he was burning up! I took his temp and it was 102.8.
Long story short he's been doing a lot of this...
and this...
I talked with the nurse twice today and she said there is a virus going around that's just a fever and lasting 3-4 days. Today being day two, I'm hoping we just have one more day of this. I'm just so thankful he is not throwing up too, now that would be horrible. Hopefully he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...