Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend!

We headed south to Medford for Thanksgiving again this year. 
We didn't go down till Thanksgiving morning {versus Wednesday night}. At first I wasn't sure about not waking up Thanksgiving morning in Medford, there was just something about not being able to watch the Macy's Day Parade and scope out the Black Friday ads in my pjs like I have done so many years in a row. But it was so nice to not have to fight traffic/drive in the dark and rain that made it totally worth it {and it was even sunny for part of the drive!}. 
Blake was so excited when he figured out Raven was going be join us for the car ride. 
We heard "Re-re, Re-re, Re-re" over and over...

 Once we got to Medford our first stop was over to my parents house to have some snacks for lunch.
 Blake loved sitting at the bar with the Ali and Kayla.

Such a big boy!
The Stevensons were even able to join us via FaceTime. 
After snacks we headed to the Bartlett's for a yummy traditional Thanksgiving feast.

Blake had lots of fun playing with Lizzy!
Helpin Grandpa Don on the computer.
Tables make the best forts!
That Uncle Dave, he's so funny.

Friday morning my mom, friend Brie and I hit the mall bright and early! This has been a tradition for the last several years. I couldn't believe how many stores were opening at midnight or earlier! We opted to get some sleep and then go shopping. It was great for us because there weren't nearly the lines there use to be! And we still got the same great deals that the people who were up all night got! Friday night we had dinner at one of our favorite pizza places in Medford, Kaleidoscope. {if you are ever in Medford you must try it... the have the best salads!} Santa happened to be making the rounds there and stopped at our table and boy was Blake terrified of him! Santa came and sat by us and tried talking to Blake but he did not want to have anything to do with him. 
This was the closest he would get.
I don't think he'll be sitting on Santa's lap this year!
But he did enjoy checking out Santa in Grandpa and Nana's front yard!

There were lots of "wow, wow!" when we first pulled up to their house.

Saturday we watched the Civil War football game. The Beavers lost but that's what we expected. We Beaver Believers are hoping for a better season next year! 


It was a fun and busy weekend! 
Now I'm off to take my little one to the doctor, I'm afraid all the fun we had this weekend brought on a cold with yet another ear infection. 
Hope you had a fun filled Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. That game pained me. Not even a rum and Coke could make 2 interceptions in the first 4 minutes worthwhile. Ugh. Next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara and I were terrified of Santa just like Blake. I wonder how Pearl will handle it.

    I hope Blake feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love that picture of Blake reaching for Russ instead of Santa...I'd probably be scared too! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...