Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One Cute Cow

Ok real cows aren't cute. 
But I'd have to say this was one pretty cute cow... 

This little cow had quite the fun filled Halloween afternoon.
We started with going to downtown Corvallis for some trick-or-treating. 
First stop was daddy's office.

Then we met up with Marilyn and Michael.
[This was the 4th year I have been trick-or-treating downtown with them. I'd say it's become a tradition!]

It's fun to see all the interesting costumes people wear.
I am always amazed how creative people can be.
One kid was a robot and his costume lit up. Another girl looked like she was laying in bed. She had this cardboard box somehow attached to her back and then there was like a pillow under her head and a blanket on her. It was strange, and I'm not sure how she fit through doorways.
As for now I like to keep it simple for Blake [and me].
I wish I would have got some pictures of these interesting/strange costumes.

After downtown we headed to the Harvest Carnival our church puts on each year.
While we waited for daddy to get there I took advantage of the fall-ish scenery and took a few pics of my cow.


This was our first time going to the Harvest Carnival. It was fun! There were all kinds of games, a petting zoo, horse rides, bounce houses and food! And the best part... it was all FREE!
I'm sure there are several Christians who would disagree with this Harvest Carnival and think as Christians we shouldn't be "celebrating" Halloween, but I personally think its a great opportunity for the church to reach out to our community and show them the love of Christ.
Blake is still a little young side to participate in the fun activities but I look forward to the years to come as he gets older.
 Checking out the goat at the petting zoo
He wasn't so sure about the big cow.
 He thought the sheep were better [maybe he'll be a sheep next year]
 Going to check out the ponies!
Our little family.
 [I forgot to mention that our little cow had the "moo" down until we put him in he costume and then it was like he instantly forgot how to moo. Go figure.]


3 comments:

  1. Blake makes an adorable cow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cutest cow ever! Love that he wouldn't moo once the costume was on lol. Michael is getting so grown up, glad you got to spend time with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! James was a cow also, although his costume had really strange utters... But it was inexpensive at a consignment store haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...