Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Fall Saturday

Many most all of our Saturdays in the fall are spent tailgating followed by watching the OSU Beavers play football. (sadly we haven't witnessed many wins this season) 
Grandpa and Blake ready for some football!

Today was the first game this fall that has been cold and rainy. I'd say we were pretty lucky with the weather this year considering we only have one more home game left. It was Blake's first rainy game. He did pretty well considering the freezing cold and drizzley rain. He made it through the fist half and even took an hour nap!
 The poor kid had so many layers on he could hardly walk!

After half time my mom, Blake and I headed to the MU to warm up and dry off. 
If you watched the game you can recall the second half... not pretty. 
First half not bad. We were only playing the Stanford who was ranked #4 in the nation. The first half we gave them a game. Second half, like I said, not pretty. 
Glad I left after the first half. I was happy when I left. I said to Russ after the game "we did really good against the #4 team"... his response... "you weren't there for the second half"... good point. 
There's always next year... right?

Back to tailgating... I think my dad is trying to demonstrate that its so cold you can see his breath.
My mom and dad. Aren't they cute?
[this was the first time we have ever had to make a tarp barricade to stay warm!]
 Not very happy with the Beavs.
Now time for a nap.
I would have to say despite the bad season, I love spending our fall Saturdays tailgating and watching the Beavers play! Maybe next week we'll win!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara! It's definitely a building year... but don't worry, by the time James and Blake are on the team the Beavs will be winning bowls right and left! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...