Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grage Sale-ing

I haven't really been garage sale-ing since I was in high school. Every time I would go I always felt like I was driving around aimlessly and would come home empty handed. My mom recently has been coming across some great baby finds at garage sales and with a smart phone there are some awesome apps to help track down those garage sales. So since I'm not working on Friday mornings this summer I thought it would be fun to give garage sale-ing a try! And it was a success!!

For $5.50 I got....
Outdoor swing for Blake - $2
 Chair for Blake - $1
Cake Plate (I've been wanting one of these for a while!) - $2
and a Book for Blake - .50 cents!
I was pretty excited about my finds so we decided to go Saturday morning too. The only thing we came home with Saturday was a FREE (and working) garden hose. Not bad. I think garage sale-ing might become our summer Friday morning routine! 

If you have a smart phone and are into garage sale-ing check out the app Yard Sale Mapper! 

5 comments:

  1. I really have been wanting to do this every other fri (when I'm not grocery shopping) and I wish I had a friend to come with me! I always see postings with cheap tools and gardening things which is exactly what we need now! Those apps sound very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we lived closer so we could go together! The apps are supper helpful! Steal Chris' phone for the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah!! I love going to garage sales! It would be fun to car pool together sometime. I don't have a smart phone, but I usually look on the Craigslist ads and map my rout out. I think it's a good lesson for Josh on what to buy, spending money, etc. - and GREAT finds, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love garage saleing! This summer it's been a bit challenging with an almost 10 month old. My best find ever was a le creuset dutch oven for $20. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...