Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our Weekend

Our weekend was great! It was full of friends! But I am sad to say I have no pictures to document it with. Oh well, maybe next time I will be better at the pictures.

Friday we joined our friends Erik & Becca, Drew & Ashleigh and Brandon & Noele for happy hour at Cloud 9. It was a perfect way to start the weekend. I love happy hour for a few different reasons: smaller portion sizes, the price is less, its early and "Blake friendly". It had been while since we had gone to happy hour, but I could see this becoming more of a Friday night tradition. Oh and all of the couples we were with are expecting their first babies! Erik and Becca are expecting Luke any day now. And Drew and Ashleigh and Brandon and Noele are due this summer. So fun!

Saturday we headed up to Portland. We first made a stop at Babies R Us. It had been a long time since we had been in that store and had forgotten how overwhelming it can seem, even after you have a baby and everything it needs, haha! We were in search for a highchair. The highchair we had for Blake was given to us and it just didn't seem to fit him right. We found a great deal on a Chicco one and it fits him much better! After Babies R Us we headed to Jeremy and Kira's. There we hung out with our friends, Chris and BeccaGreg and Megan and Kelli and Jordan. It was so fun to see everyone! Blake had a great time watching (and wishing he could join) Bennett and Lucy run around. We played a very fun game of telephone pictionary (if you haven't played this game, the next time you are with a larger group of people say 6-10 you need to play, so much fun!) And then we all went out to dinner. It was great to see all of them and I really wish we would have taken pictures. Oh well.

Today with the time change, we didn't make it to church. Blake slept till 8:00! Which was great but then that meant he didn't go down for a nap till 10:00 which is when church started. It was kind of nice to just have a relaxing morning at home. This afternoon we had lunch with Kendra, Mary & Andy and Kristin & Nate and their two girls. Kendra, Mary, Kristin and I all lived together in Azalea house a co-op at OSU while in college (Becca and Kira also lived there). It was great to see all of them!

This weekend made me realize how blessed we are with great friends! Thank you for being a part of our lives, we love you guys!

Wow, this ended up longer then I anticipated. Sorry for rambling and the lack of visual stimulation. Thanks for reading and I hope you had a great weekend too!

(I forgot to mention... Blake clapped for the first time by himself today! I have been working with him on this for oh, probably a month or longer so I was so excited when he figured it out on his own! We got it on video but he was in the bath so I'm not sure I want to post it, maybe I'll try to get him to do it for camera out of the bathtub. He seemed so proud of himself!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow busy weekend for you guys...we had so much fun hanging out! You totally will have to get Blake's clapping in another video, I loved it when Bennett started clapping...he still looks proud of himself when he does it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming up to visit, it was so fun to see you guys! I bet it was fun hanging out with Kendra, Mary, and Kristin, too. I haven't seen Kristin in so long!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...