Sunday, December 19, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (Part 1)

December River Design Group, the company that Russell works for, has a Christmas party in Whitefish, MT. The party is in Whitefish because that is were the main office is located. Every year we talk about me going but for one reason or another it has never worked out. After two years of talking about it, I finally got to go this year!

Airfare from Portland to Whitefish is pretty spendy so we decided to ride the train. We boarded the train in Albany, OR around 1:45pm and arrived to Whitefish, MT around 8:30am the next morning. Yes, we were on the train the whole night. I was a little nervous about how Blake would do sleeping on a train because we did not get a sleeper car. But to my surprise he did great (I think the motion of the train and the rumbling sound it made helped him sleep). He slept in his car seat pretty much the whole night, I think he got better sleep then Russ and I!

Having fun on the train!
He loved looking out the window

We had a great time in Whitefish! Friday Russ had to work some so Blake and I hung out at the house, which was the perfect cottage in the snow!


On Saturday we went exploring around Big Mountain and had a fabulous dinner at the Kandahar Lodge   where the Christmas party was. 
There were beautiful homes on the mountain!

First time touching snow! He didn't know what to think.

Check back later to find out how the rest of the weekend went and to hear about our adventure home!

2 comments:

  1. That little house is so cute! I'm excited to hear more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love that you guys took the train (with a baby). What a good idea, and I am so happy that Blake was happy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...