Thursday, October 20, 2011

A boy and his blanket

Blake has a special blanket. Or more of a special shaped blanket.

Blake has slept in a CoZibug sleep sac since he was about 3 months old. He loved it. I don't think he had napped or went to bed without it. Ever. He gave up the pacifier at about 5 months (totally on his own, just wasn't interested) and ever since has kind of used the tab on the sleep sack as a pacifier. He would push his arm through to unbutton the left side (always the left) and would hold the tab up to his lips and make a sucking motion. Weird I know.
Here he is when he still fit in the sleep sac.

Since CoZibug only makes a one size sleep sac, (which is probably a good thing otherwise he would most likely be sleeping in it till he turns 15) I was dreading the day in which he would out grow his beloved sleep sac. How would he be able to go to sleep with out his favorite comfy sleep sac?

So when the day came that he no longer fit in his sleep sac I thought I would try making one into a blanket. We had three sleep sacs, one on which the zipper had broken. So I took the broken zippered one and removed the zipper and opened it up to lay flat like a blanket and sewed the edges.

He loves it! He has been sleeping with his sleep sac turned blanket since July now. And it pretty much goes everywhere with us. 
We now call it "night-night"
If I say "Blake go get night-night" he usually knows right where he left it.

The tab gets so gross and smelly from his slobber but then after I wash it he gets mad because he can't find his favorite tab. But don't worry I still manage to wash it. I love his "night-night" too because the only time he ever sits still on my lap is when he is snuggling with it.
I have a feeling "night-night" will probably go to college with him. 

Oh yeah... It also makes a pretty cool cape!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, I love that he can wear it as a cape! What a great idea to make it into a blanket. Pearl hates to be swaddled so we have already stopped trying. I wonder if she would like a sleep sac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Sara! Looks like he adores it :) so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara! I don't know if you remember the blanket that I used to have, but I called it "night-night" too! Great-grandma made it for me I think, and it got it's use! These pictures are precious, miss you guys SO much :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...