Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good Chili

Since it felt more like October 12th today instead of July 12th (with a high of 64, ugh) I decided to make Chili for dinner tonight (not something I usually make during the summer months). I thought I would share this recipe because it is supper easy, pretty much can't be messed up and it is pretty yummy if I do say so myself!

Good Chili
Ingredients:
1 can pinto beans
1lb can of tomatoes (or 2 of the normal size ones)
1 can Rol-Tels (unless you like your chili pretty hot make sure to get mild Rol-Tels)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
2lb(ish) of ground beef
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbs chili powder
1tsp pepper
1tsp cumin

Instructions:
Brown beef; add green bell pepper, onion and garlic cook on medium till tender (10ish minutes).

Add seasonings, tomatoes, Rol-Tels and tomato sauce, cook for 30ish minutes.


About 10 minutes before we eat I add the beans so they don't get mushy.
We like to top it with cheese and some Fritos :) Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...