Friday, October 1, 2010

No more

Today I canceled our cable. We reevaluated our budget and just couldn't seem to find the reason to spend money on cable at this point in time. It will be one of the first times (that I can remember) in my life that I will not have cable. I am kind of looking forward to finding other things to do with my time. We do still have internet so thank goodness for Hulu we won't totally be out of the loop on shows like Glee (which we just watched for the first time tonight and loved it, can't believe it took us this long to finally start watching it)!


4 comments:

  1. It will be difficult at first! Do you have any tv channels at all? I know with Greg and I only having 13 channels we definitely turn the tv off a lot more and spend more time doing other things. But watching GLEE online is a MUST! That's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have TV for 1.5 years in Virginia - and while you don't get to watch the shows "live"...it didn't bother us to Hulu everything. You won't miss it.

    We currently have cable for football since we don't have to opportunities to go to games like y'all. (Jealous.) Whether we'll cancel after that football season is TBD. But I'm impartial to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had cable since we moved in 2007 and we haven't missed it once. For football games, you can watch ESPN on espn.go.com/espn3

    Enjoy!

    P.S. so glad little Blake is alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaac and I don't have cable either, but we recently bought an antenna for just $28 at Target, which gives us all the basic channels! So now we can watch ABC, FOX, etc, without having to pay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...