Sunday, January 24, 2010

We are moved in!

Yesterday (January 23, 2010) was the big move in day! We had Russell's parents and sister come help as well as some friends so the move went pretty quickly and smoothly (thank you so much to all who helped with the move!). I am still amazed at how much stuff we have accumulated over the last 3 1/2 years! As I unpack I am trying to sort through everything so I can have a garage sale this spring and get rid of what we don't need/make room for the baby. It is quite the chore!

Here is a list of something we have already done to the house... (I am making this list so that I can look back and remember what we have done and I am going to try my hardest to keep it updated as we do things and also add pictures!)
  • New front door (still needs to be painted)
  • New door from the garage to the kitchen (not finished, first door was wrong kind)
  • Fixed Fence
  • Added peep hole to front door (so I can see out the front if someone comes to the door when I am home alone)
  • Put a bigger dog door on the door from the garage to the deck for Raven
  • Replaced pluming for the fridge water and ice :)
  • Added a GFI outlet for TV
That is it for now, but the list of "to dos" is not complete, it seems to get longer with each passing day...

We are still waiting for hot water. We have a nice working hot water heater but the pipe coming from the wall where the hose attaches has a leak in the threads. Since it is a pretty old pipe Russ doesn't want to take any chances trying to fix it himself. We were about to call a plumber to come out an fix it but we figured out that our home warranty insurance should cover it! Now we are waiting on them because our paper work hadn't been filled with the insurance company as of Wednesday last week. Therefore they had no record that we own the house and could deny us coverage, even though we have owned the house since a week ago Friday. If it gets drawn out any further we will just pay for a plumber to come fix it. Thankfully we still have the keys to our old place and can shower there. But I cannot wait to have hot water here!

We are very excited to be all moved in! At times I still can't believe we are homeowners! I can't wait to see how we make this place our home! All the fun is just beginning :) It feels so great to be able to make changes that we like and know that we aren't just throwing our money away... because we own this house! I will post pictures soon!

Again... thanks to everyone that has helped with the move! We really do appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...