Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lily's Leg

Well, the first broken bone in the Bartlett family goes to little Miss Lily. 
On Friday, I watched Michael and we went to the park. I suggested that Lily go down the slide on Michael's lap. As they went down, her leg got caught in between his leg and edge of the slide and went backward. I watched it happen... it was like slow motion, and as soon as it happened I knew it wasn't good. She cried, but it wasn't a my-leg-is-broken-I-am-in-so-much-pain type cry. So we played at the park a bit longer and then headed back to Michael's house. When we got there I put her on the floor and I knew something wasn't right. When she tried to crawl she would cry and stop. I called Russ to get a second opinion and then called the doctor.
And sure enough it was fractured
Thankfully, we had the option to use a splint. We can take it off for baths and it's not as bulky as a cast. She has to wear it for about 3 weeks. The first night was a challenge, she couldn't seem to get comfortable to sleep with it and was up a lot. She has now figured out how to crawl with it, but won't stand on it {I'm sure it still hurts a lot}. 
Thank you everyone for the prayers and comments on Facebook and Instagram. It means a lot! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor Lily...though she doesn't really look like she minds it by that goofy smile! I hope the three weeks goes by quickly for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...